Community Healthcare System recently welcomed new physicians to its various facilities around Northwest Indiana:
- Dr. Vsevolod Tikhomirov, cardiovascular surgeon. He is board certified in vascular surgery and completed his fellowship training at Loyola University. He completed his residency at Washington Hospital Center and received his medical degree from Russian Peoples’ Friendship University School of Medicine. Tikhomirov is with the Community Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgeons practice in Munster, Hobart and East Chicago.
- Dr. Jason Frazier, cardiothoracic surgeon. He is board certified in thoracic surgery and completed his fellowship training at Loyola University. Frazier completed his residency at Loyola University and received his medical degree from Howard University College of Medicine. Frazier is with the Community Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgeons practice.
- Dr. Brian Evanson, orthopedic surgeon. He is board certified in orthopedic surgery and completed his fellowship at the Medical College of Wisconsin. Evanson completed his residency at the University of Toledo and received his medical degree from Indiana University School of Medicine. Evanson’s office is in Schererville.
- Dr. Akata Kakodkar, ear, nose and throat specialist. Kakodkar is board certified in head and neck surgery and completed her residency at the University of Illinois at Chicago. She received her medical degree from the University of Missouri-Kansas City. Kakodkar joins Dr. Kedar Kakodkar, CCNI otolaryngologist in practice in Munster.
- Dr. Natalie Sessions, board certified in rheumatology and internal medicine, completed her fellowship training at Largo Medical Center. Sessions completed her residency at Northside Hospital and Tampa Bay Heart Institute and received her medical degree from the West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine. Sessions’ office is in Munster.
- Dr. Karen Noriega, internal medicine, completed her residency at Mercy Hospital and Medical Center and received her medical degree from Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science. Her office is in Munster.
- Dr. Robert Khoury, primary care provider, joined St. Mary Medical Center’s Portage Health Center II. He also serves at the Valparaiso Health Center. Khoury graduated from the Des Moines University School of Medicine and completed his residency at Franciscan Health in Olympia Fields, Ill.
Larry is an award-winning journalist with more than 25 years of experience working with daily newspapers and business-to-business publications around the Midwest. Avila, a graduate of Central Michigan University, is a Michigan native. He resides in Crown Point.
Latest posts by Larry Avila (see all)
- New manager named for Gary branch of Teachers Credit Union - February 15, 2019
- Franciscan Health lands sponsors for community hall, cafe at new Michigan City hospital - February 15, 2019
- Centier Bank names greater Indianapolis market president - February 14, 2019