The Indiana Parenting Institute, with offices in Gary, South Bend and Indianapolis, recently appointed new members to its board of directors. New members include:
- Verlie Suggs, radio host, WJOB, Hammond
- Akilia McCain, founder and director, Miller Beach Montessori, Gary
- Crystal Meltons, supervisor – timekeeping, Nisource
- Linda Randolph, academic administration consultant
Other board members include: Bernard Carter, Lake County prosecutor; Pastor Mose Carter, True Worship Christian Center, Merrillville; Marti Rivas-Ramos, First Midwest Bank; James Wallace, Indiana University Northwest; and Louie Gonzalez, Ivy Tech Community College.
The Indiana Parenting Institute provides support to parents seeking to better prepare themselves, and their children, to succeed in America’s expanding digital economy and ensure parents have the right parenting and family management skills to function in today’s society.
Latest posts by Larry Avila (see all)
- ArcelorMittal recognized for philanthropic work - December 14, 2018
- Franciscan Health unveils new $243 million Michigan City hospital to staff, community - December 14, 2018
- California-based company proposing biofuel facility in Gary - December 13, 2018