Gov. Eric Holcomb recently announced new appointments and reappointments to various state boards and commissions.
Among the appointments was new Gary Mayor Jerome Prince to the Northern Indiana Commuter Transportation District Board of Directors. The term expires May 31.
Jim Arnold, former state senator and current member of the LaPorte Community School board, also was appointed by Holcomb to the NICTD board and will serve until May 31, 2021.
Other board appointments include:
Board of Registration for Architects & Landscape Architects
Two reappointments; terms ending Dec. 31, 2023
- Hal Kovert (Jeffersonville), principal at Kovert Hawkins Architects
- Debra Schmucker (Indianapolis), president and CEO of Cornerstone PDS
New appointments to the board; terms ending Dec. 31, 2023
- Lisa Gomperts (Indianapolis), project manager and principal at Schmidt Associates
- Todd Scoggins (Indianapolis), architect at Scoggins Design Inc.
Domestic Violence Prevention & Treatment Council
One appointment; term ending April 30, 2021
- Amy Blackett (Indianapolis), DV/SA Resource Prosecutor with IPAC
Indiana Board of Tax Review
One reappointment; term expires Dec. 31, 2023
- Ted Holaday (Indianapolis)
Indiana Economic Development Corp. Board of Directors
Two reappointments; terms expire April 30, 2023
- Dominic Grote (Madison), president and CEO of Grote Industries
- Mark Neal (South Bend), principal of Bradley Co.
Indiana Horse Racing Commission
Two reappointments; terms expire Dec. 31, 2023
- Susie Lightle, Greenfield
- George Pillow (Indianapolis), founder of Pillow Logistics Inc.
Indiana Real Estate Commission
Two reappointments; terms expire Dec. 31, 2023
- James Litten (Carmel), president of F.C. Tucker Co.
- Douglas Rose (Carmel), president of Irwin R. Rose & Co.
Two new appointments
- John De Souza (South Bend), president of Cressy & Everett Real Estate; term ends July 31, 2021
- Donna Spears (Richmond), associate broker at Coldwell Banker Lingle; term ends Dec. 31, 2023
Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission
One reappointment; term ends Jan. 31, 2024
- David Ober, Indianapolis, Indiana Veterans Affairs Commission
One new appointment; term ends Dec. 31
- Richard Leirer (Carmel), surgeon with the VFW Department of Indiana
Indiana War Memorials Commission
Three reappointments; terms end Dec. 31, 2022
- Charles Dodson (Brownsburg), starch handler with National Starch & Chemical Company
- Lawrence Long (South Whitley), vice president of John McCormack Co. Inc.
- Carol Mutter (Indianapolis), Lt. Gen. (Ret.) of the United States Marine Corps
Serve Indiana Commission
Seven reappointments; terms expire Dec. 31, 2021
- Kathryn Clayton (Commiskey), director of the Labor Institute for Training
- Jane Crady (Waldron), coordinator of disaster preparedness and response with Catholic Charities, Archdiocese of Indianapolis
- Mark Eutsler (Linden), principal of The Edge
- Media Oakes (Avon), manager of communications at Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P.
- David Reingold (West Lafayette), Justin S. Morrill Dean of Liberal Arts & Professor of Sociology at Purdue University
- Stefonie Sebastian (Brownsburg), education specialist with the National FFA Organization
- Sarah Waddle (Indianapolis), executive director of AARP Indiana
Six new appointments; terms end Dec. 31, 2022
- Erin Busk (Indianapolis), 21st CCLC Grant Specialist with the Indiana Department of Education, as Superintendent Dr. Jennifer McCormick’s designee
- Shannon Frederick (Indianapolis), executive director of Multiplying Good
- Laura Hodges (Madison), former city councilor of the city of Madison and retired administrative assistant with Dockside Services, Inc.
- Brian Sheehan (Rushville), director of special projects and community development
- Matthew Stachler (Fort Wayne), senior at R. Nelson Snider High School, representing 16-25 year old volunteers
- Jo Yocum (Indianapolis), executive director of Playworks
State Ethics Commission
One new appointment; term ends Dec. 31, 2023
- Rafael Sanchez (Fishers), president of private banking at Old National Bank
Statewide Domestic Violence Fatality Review Committee
One new appointment; term expires July 31, 2022
- Jon Frain (Winamac), Pulaski County coroner
Statewide Independent Living Council
Two reappointments; terms end June 30, 2023
- Kevin Burk (Salem), Washington County coordinator with the Southern Indiana Center for Independent Living
- Derek Deckman (Brownsburg), RVP at Salesforce
One new appointment; term ends June 30, 2023
- Kelsey Cowley (Bloomington), past president of Self-Advocates of Indiana
Latest posts by Larry Avila (see all)
- Deadline Feb. 28 for Indiana Governor’s Fellowship program - February 21, 2020
- Several Region and North Central Indiana businesses named among Best Places to Work for in 2020 - February 21, 2020
- South Bend Regional Chamber event connects internship seekers, job hunters with employers - February 20, 2020