Ivy Tech Foundation appoints new board members, names chairman • Northwest Indiana Business Magazine
Ivy Tech

Ivy Tech Foundation appoints new board members, names chairman

Buy Us A Coffee

Ivy Tech

Michael Harmless was named chair of the Ivy Tech Foundation Board of Directors.

He has served on the Ivy Tech Foundation Board since 2006. Harmless previously served on the Ivy Tech Community College State Board of Trustees from 2004 to 2006.

The foundation board also appointed Maria Quintana as vice-chair, Patrick Ralston as treasurer and Terry Bowen as secretary.

“I am tremendously honored to have been elected chair of the Ivy Tech foundation board,” Harmless said. “I have been a member of the Ivy Tech family since I was mayor of Greencastle.”

Harmless is a graduate of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point and served in the military from 1971 to 1976.

His career following his military service includes employment with Arthur Andersen & Co, Chicago, and Howard Harmless Laundries in Greencastle. From 1988 to 1995, he served as the mayor for the city of Greencastle.

During his first term as mayor, Harmless worked with then Ivy Tech President Jerry Lamkin to bring Ivy Tech Community College to Greencastle.

The following individuals were also appointed to the Ivy Tech Foundation Board:

• Celeste Calvitto, Lawrenceburg, owner, CalComm Indiana LLC
  • Jodi Engelstad, Columbus, financial advisor and Co-owner Engelstad Wealth Advisors
  • Alpa Patel, Terre Haute, community advocate
  • Vincent Viveros, CFP, Indianapolis, private client advisor, Charles Schwab Private Client Investment Advisory
  • Joe Whitsett, Indianapolis, community advocate

Author

Scroll to Top