Economic Development Corp. Michigan City names new economic development manager • Northwest Indiana Business Magazine
Michigan City Econ video

Economic Development Corp. Michigan City names new economic development manager

Buy Us A Coffee
evelopment Jenilee Haynes Peterson
Jenilee Haynes Peterson

Jenilee Haynes Peterson recently was appointed economic development manager at the Economic Development Corp. Michigan City, Ind.

Peterson replaces Katie Eaton, who left the post to become president of the Michigan City Chamber of Commerce in November.

Peterson will focus on business retention and expansion programs, building community partnerships, and workforce development initiatives. She most recently served as accounting manager for the Duneland Chamber of Commerce in Chesterton.

“Jenilee brings to us a diverse background and experiences in community partnerships, small business management and hospitality,” said Clarence Hulse, executive director of EDCMC. “She is also the perfect example of the boomerang effect – homegrown talent who leaves but return home with new skills.”  

Peterson is a seasoned management and business development professional. During her time with Ideology Entertainment in Chicago, Peterson assisted in operations from construction to managing and training.

Peterson originally is from Michigan City, but spent more than a decade living in Washington, D.C. and Chicago. She returned to Michigan City because she wanted to raise her new family in her hometown.

“I am really excited about coming home and looking forward to playing a role in the improvement and development of my hometown,” she said. “Michigan City has undergone significant growth and many positive changes, I am truly excited about the city’s future and want to be part of it.”

Peterson is a graduate of Michigan City Area Schools and graduated from Purdue University West Lafayette with a degree in public health. She earned a master’s degree in business administration from Western Governors University in December.

Peterson also serves as a SCORE small business mentor and recently completed the Basic Economic Development Course at Ball State University. Peterson is active with Girls on the Run and Xcel 2 Fitness and lives in Michigan City with her husband and daughter.

Author

Scroll to Top