Since its launch in late 2005, YouTube has become a medium that a business can’t afford to ignore. Currently 100 million videos are viewed every day; 98 of AdAge's Top 100 advertisers have run campaigns on YouTube and the Google Display Network.
Businesses of all sizes are using this medium in a variety of innovative, low-cost ways to reach and teach their target audiences. You can too! We’ve outlined a few ideas to get you started:
- Answer customer-specific questions with a video.
- Embed product demonstrations or customer support info on your website.
- Create “how-to” videos regarding using your service or product.
- Show a client their work in progress.
- Post a blog entry (or FAQ on your website) and include a video as extra support.
- Make your videos ADA-friendly by adding closed captions or subtitles (it’s free and easy).
- Demonstrate your knowledge and communication skills by uploading clips of presentations you’ve given.
- Create short videos demonstrating your company’s products or services.
- Record an interview with an employee or other expert in your field.
Advertising and Marketing
- Promote special events using recordings of previous events.
- Conduct a virtual tour of your offices to help clients feel connected to your place of business.
- Introduce your staff (great for clients who have never been to your office).
- Record client testimonials for instant credibility.
- Show someone using your products or services.
- Post your YouTube links to FB and other social networking sites (more than100 million people take a social action on YouTube (likes, shares, comments, etc) every week).
- Include contact info (name, URL, phone number, email).
Originally posted by VIA Marketing