State seeks public input during informational sessions on I-80/94 • Northwest Indiana Business Magazine
I-80.94

State seeks public input during informational sessions on I-80/94

Buy Us A Coffee
I-80.94
The state is beginning the process that could lead to easing congestion on I-80-94 in Northwest Indiana. This is an eastbound view from the heavily traveled section of expressway near U.S. 41.

State officials are beginning the process that could lead to easing congestion along I-80/94 in Northwest Indiana.

The Indiana Department of Transportation is hosting two public information meetings and one virtual session:

• Wednesday, July 28; 5 p.m.; 21st Century Charter School, 556 Washington St., Gary
  • Thursday, July 29; 5 p.m.; Purdue Northwest Campus, Alumni Hall, Student Union Library Building, Room 360; 2233 173rd St., Hammond
  • Tuesday, Aug. 3; 6 p.m. via WebEx; participants are asked to register in advance at https://bit.ly/3w2rRTb.

Doors for the in-person meetings open at 5 p.m. with a presentation to follow at 6 p.m. Displays and representatives will be available before and after the presentation. 

The state said the same information will be presented at all sessions.  

The state said the sessions provide anyone interested in offering comments on the issues with the I-80/94 corridor between Illinois 394 in Cook County, Illinois and I-65 in Lake County. 

The state is considering several strategies including temporary use of shoulders, variable speed limits and ramp metering. The project is in the planning phase and is being developed through the Planning and Environment Linkages process.

Detailed environmental studies would be completed during preliminary design if the project moves forward, the state said.

Additional information on the project can be viewed online at www.indianaflexroad.com.

Author

Scroll to Top