Some Region representatives were appointed by Gov. Eric Holcomb to various state boards, commissions and task forces.
Representatives from Northwest Indiana were given the following appointments:
- Vanessa Allen-McCloud, Gary, president and CEO of the Urban League of Northwest Indiana Inc., was appointed to the Indiana Charter School Board; term expires June 30, 2023.
- Jim Markle, Valparaiso, executive director of the Northwest Indiana Law Enforcement Academy, was appointed to the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy Task Force; term expires Dec. 31.
- James Olszewski, Lowell, retired Lake County deputy prosecutor, was appointed to the Indiana State Police Board; term expires June 30, 2023.
Other state board appointments:
Governor’s Workforce Cabinet (terms expire April 30, 2021)
- Megan Glover (Zionsville), cofounder and CEO of 120WaterAudit.
- Robert Carter, commissioner of the Indiana Department of Corrections.
- Jennifer Walthall, secretary of the Family and Social Services Administration.
- Teresa Lubbers, commissioner of the Indiana Commission for Higher Education, was named chair of the cabinet.
Indiana Charter School Board
- Michelle Gough, Indianapolis, senior vice president of Project Lead the Way; term expires June 30, 2023.
- Kim Preston, Indianapolis, Midwest regional advocacy director with ExcelinEd; term expires June 30, 2023.
Indiana Law Enforcement Academy Task Force (terms expire Dec. 31)
- Bryan Shearer, Ligonier), chief of the Ligonier Police Department.
- David Wantz, Indianapolis, president and CEO of the Independent Colleges of Indiana.
- Dave Wedding, Evansville, sheriff of Vanderburgh County.
- Doug Carter, superintendent of the Indiana State Police.
- Steve Hunter, director of the Division of Law Enforcement,
Indiana Department of Natural Resources.
- Manuel Mendez, director of agency/program continuous improvement, Office of the Governor.
Indiana State Commission on Aging
- Debra Lambert, Fort Wayne, CEO of Byron Health Center; term expires June 30, 2023.
- Daniel Mustard, Columbus, executive director of Mill Race Center Inc.; term expires June 30, 2023.
Jail Overcrowding Task Force
- Tracy Brown, Lafayette, Tippecanoe County commissioner; term expires Dec. 31.
- Doug Huntsinger, Indianapolis, deputy director of the Indiana Commission to Combat Drug Abuse; term expires Dec. 31.
- Ralph Watson, Carmel, director of Hamilton County Community Corrections; term expires Dec. 31.