A range of entrepreneurs, a Region business news journalist and a teacher who is inspiring future business owners are among the 2022 Entrepreneurial Excellence (E-Day) Award winners.
This year’s class will be honored at an awards luncheon Oct. 26 from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Avalon Manor, 3550 E. Lincoln Highway, in Hobart.
“We are at 31 years of marking the entrepreneurial spirit and how it brings synergy to our Region and communities,” said Lorri Feldt, NW-ISBDC regional director. “Again, this year, our honorees are a unique cross-section of our small businesses in Northwest Indiana.”
Tickets for the E-Day luncheon are available online at www.edayleaders.com/event.
This year’s honorees include:
- Small Business Person of the Year: Rani Saxena, Bionic Prosthetics & Orthotics, Merrillville
- Entrepreneurial Success: Momax Marble, Hector and Gloria Cornejo, Merrillville
- Minority-Owned Business of the Year: Joslyn RW Kelly, J’s Breakfast Club, Gary
- Women-Owned Business of the Year: Tabetha Alvarado and Sherry Langdeau, Great Lakes Communications, Crown Point
- Family-Owned Business of the Year: Kelly Tichacek and David Wilson, Monroe Pest Control, Hobart
- Young Entrepreneur: Lindsey Liesenfelt, Truly Teas, Merrillville
- Small Business Advocate: Joseph Pete, author, writer and journalist at The Times of Northwest Indiana, Munster
- Advocate for Youth Entrepreneurship: Daniel Schultz, Hobart High School, Hobart
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Linda Woloshansky, Center of Workforce Innovations, Valparaiso
“Every year, the stories of our honorees are truly inspiring and showcase how strong and unique an entrepreneur needs to be,” Feldt said. “All of our entrepreneurs and advocates have followed their own special path to success.”
Learn more about last year's E-Day honorees through Northwest Indiana Business Magazine.
- Credit Union 1 opens new branch in South Bend - November 2, 2022
- Marshall County seeks new economic development leader - November 2, 2022
- Businesses, organizations and individuals receive array of honors - November 1, 2022