Michigan City’s Bubbles Ice Cream Parlor celebrating 15 seasons • Northwest Indiana Business Magazine
Bubbles Ice Cream Parlor

Michigan City’s Bubbles Ice Cream Parlor celebrating 15 seasons

Buy Us A Coffee
Bubbles Ice Cream Parlor
Michigan City’s Bubbles Ice Cream Parlor is marking its 15th season by celebrating National Ice Cream Month in July by serving red, white and blue ice cream confections. (Submitted photo)

MICHIGAN CITY – Sometimes taking a leap of faith pays off.

Just ask the Martin family. Back in April 2004, they opened the doors to Bubbles Ice Cream Parlor, 115 W. Coolspring Ave. Kim and her husband, Tim of 32 years, and their son, Zachery own the business.

Kim Martin said the pull of old-fashioned ice cream as well as a good-natured dare led to the business’s opening.

“We were in the backyard commiserating about jobs and life,” she said. “My husband said, ‘there’s a piece of property for sale’ and I said, ‘I dare you to go buy it’ and the rest is history.”

This year marks the Martin’s 15th season. The family is celebrating the milestone in July by recognizing National Ice Cream month, originally proclaimed by President Ronald Reagan in 1984.

“Bubbles will observe National Ice Cream Month with special red, white and blue ice cream confections,” Kim Martin said.

Bubbles features 32 hand-dipped premium ice cream flavors and Dole Whips. During weekend mornings fresh-made donuts also are available.

The parlor’s top selling flavor is ‘This $&@! Just Got Serious’ – a salted caramel ice cream filled with sea salt fudge chunks and salted cashews.

“Ice cream shops continue to be a mainstay of communities and (many) are family-owned,” Kim Martin said.

Author

Scroll to Top