Autumn McNichols, a professor at Ivy Tech Community College’s Muncie campus, was presented the Glenn W. Sample Founder’s Award for Excellence in Instruction, the school’s highest honor.
The Founder’s Award recognizes an individual who exemplifies the mission of Ivy Tech, which it began awarding in 1983.
“I am inquisitive, which makes me want to ask probing questions to my students and makes me believe in the opportunity to use education to truly transcend barriers as we look to these students to be the leaders of tomorrow,” said McNichols. “All students deserve a college that is welcoming, supportive and nurturing. Learning is an intentional act.”
Ivy Tech Community College has honored a select group of faculty for their exemplary work with students and in their communities.
The founder’s award recipient was selected from Ivy Tech’s 19 President’s Award honorees, the highest award the college presents to faculty. Each winner receives an Ivy Oscar and a $1,000 professional development grant.
McNichols is a professor in Ivy Tech’s school of arts, sciences and education at its Muncie campus. She was that location’s President’s Award winner.
President’s Award winners from Northwest and North Central Indiana include:
- Lake County: Parnell Jordan, assistant professor/department chair, welding/INDT.
- Michigan City: Dr. Laura Rosillo, associate professor, life science.
- South Bend/Elkhart: Monika Champion, department chair, mathematics.
- Valparaiso: Randee Marinaro, dean, school of nursing.
Other President’s Award winners include:
- Anderson: Robert L. Richwine, welding institute director.
- Bloomington: Christine Brandel, associate professor, English.
- Columbus: Thomas Sobat, professor of biology.
- Evansville: Daniel Dickman, associate professor of psychology.
- Fort Wayne: Jennifer Knapp, instructor, paramedic science.
- Indianapolis: Sherry Moore, associate faculty/department chair, general studies.
- Kokomo: Kelly Williams, associate professor/department chair, nursing.
- Lafayette: Punam Mittal, assistant professor, database management and administration.
- Lawrenceburg: Shyra Tedesco, associate professor/department chair, life and physical science.
- Madison: Jill Kelly-Koren, associate professor of English/program chair of education, humanities and languages.
- Marion: Heather Wilson, associate professor, English.
- Richmond: Jessica Huffman, program chair, math and student success
- Sellersburg: Anthony Sams, associate professor/department chair, English.
- Terre Haute: Brooke Truxal, assistant professor/program chair, respiratory therapy.