The Lake County campus of Ivy Tech Community College recently named its board of trustees for the 2018-2020 term.
- Andrew Kyres, chairman of the board of trustees and vice president and banking center manager at First Financial Bank
- Jená Bellezza, marketing and community relations director, Indiana Parenting Institute and member of Gov. Eric Holcomb’s workforce cabinet
- Thomas Keilman, chairman, director of government affairs for BP America, state of Indiana
- Joshua Long, executive director, Hammond Education Foundation
- Vanessa Allen McCloud, president and CEO, Urban League of Northwest Indiana
- Pete Smith, training coordinator and financial secretary, United Steelworkers, Sub-District 5
- Dwayne Walker, president and CEO, Chicagoland Popcorn LLC
Larry is an award-winning journalist with more than 25 years of experience working with daily newspapers and business-to-business publications around the Midwest. Avila is a Michigan native and a graduate of Central Michigan University.
Latest posts by Larry Avila (see all)
- South Bend hosts groundbreaking for renovation of Howard Park Recreation Center Oct. 4 - August 16, 2019
- Purdue University Northwest lands $386,000 federal grant to boost entrepreneurship across Region - August 16, 2019
- Karen Freeman-Wilson named president and CEO of Chicago Urban League - August 16, 2019