Merrillville-based NIPSCO is among the 2021 inductees into the Indiana Manufacturers Association Hall of Fame.
Hall of Fame inductees, along with this year’s award winners were recognized at a luncheon Oct. 14 in Indianapolis.
NIPSCO, a subsidiary of NiSource, serves approximately 850,000 natural gas and 480,000 electric customers across 32 counties in northern Indiana.
“We are extremely proud of all of the companies awarded today,” said Brian Burton, president and CEO of the IMA. “These individuals and companies and their employees are the lifeblood of Indiana's economy.”
He said throughout the pandemic and continuing today, manufacturers have led the way and continue to break new ground through connection and innovation.
“Hoosier manufacturers continually rise to challenges by finding new and inventive ways to achieve success,” Burton said.
Other 2021 hall of fame inductees include:
- Elliott Co., Indianapolis
- IDI Composites International, Noblesville
- Peerless Machine & Tool Corp., Marion
- R & R Engineering Co. Inc., Summitville
The Manufacturing Excellence Award winners include:
- Community Impact: Toyota Motor Manufacturing Indiana, Princeton
- Emerging Leader: Justyna Rohrig of General Motors Corp., Bedford
- Innovation Excellence: Brampton Brick Inc., Farmersburg; and Wabash National Corp., Lafayette
- Lifetime Achievement: Paul Perkins, Amatrol, Jeffersonville
- Manufacturing Talent Champion: BWX Technologies, Mount Vernon; and QuikCut Inc., Fort Wayne
Previous hall of fame inductees from Northwest and North Central Indiana can be found on nwindianabusiness.com.