Four community leaders from the greater Northwest Indiana area have been appointed by Gov. Eric Holcomb to the Northern Indiana Commuter Transportation District board.
The bipartisan group includes one elected official from each of the four counties the NICTD board serves:
- Gary Mayor Karen Freeman Wilson (Lake County)
- Porter County Commissioner Jeff Good
- St. Joseph County Commissioner Andrew Kostielney
- Michigan City Mayor Ron Meer (LaPorte County)
Indiana Department of Transportation Commissioner Joe McGuinness will serve as the chair.
NICTD is responsible for maintaining and improving the South Shore rail passenger service, which operates between the Michiana Regional Airport in South Bend and the Randolph Street Station in Chicago.
Holcomb’s Next Level Agenda includes double tracking the South Shore line and extending rail service along the West Lake corridor, from Hammond to Dyer.
Latest posts by Larry Avila (see all)
- Regional Development Co. elects board officers and names new chairman - November 15, 2019
- Ivy Tech Foundation appoints new board members, names chairman - November 15, 2019
- Franciscan Health growing La Porte operations - November 14, 2019