Several artists and performers from Northwest Indiana have been nominated for national Texas Gospel Music Excellence Awards.
The awards recognize independent gospel artists from around the world. This four-day event will take place Feb. 15-18 in Houston, Texas.
Artists from Northwest Indiana are nominated in the following categories:
- National Male Soloist of the Year: Jonathan Joseph, Gary
- National Female Soloist of the Year: Lisa Powell, Merrillville
- National Gospel Rap/Hip Hop of the Year: Butta The Preacher, Gary
- National Praise & Worship Artist of the Year: Lisa Powell, Merrillville
- National Inspirational Artist of the Year: Jonathan Joseph, Gary, IN; and Lisa Powell, Merrillville
- National New Artist of the Year: Jonathan Joseph, Gary
- National Church Choir of the Year: New Friendship Anointed Voices, Gary
- National Promoter of the Year: Marvin Lyles, Gary
- National Gospel Announcer of the Year: Robby Kelly, Michigan City
- National Gospel Station of the Year: WGVE 88.7 FM, Gary
Voting will continue through Oct. 15. Nominees will vie for awards in 23 categories.