The Highland Griffith Chamber of Commerce will start 2024 with new board members and officers.
Bryce Carden of Members Source Credit Union and Benjamin Tomera of Tomera Media Production will join the Highland-based chamber’s board of directors. Carden and Tomera will serve with nine other board members.
Current board members include:
- Rebecca Alvarez of Fair Haven Rape Crisis Center
- Dan Perez of Edward Jones
- Leah Dumezich of the School Town of Griffith
- Brian Smith of the School Town of Highland
- Ann Coglianese of Region ATA
- Debi Gifford of Centier Bank
- Debby Dukes of Regional Federal Credit Union
- Jane Powers-Schiesser of Humane Indiana
- Susan Stammis of First Financial Bank
“Our board of directors in 2024 is a well-balanced group representing small business owners, nonprofits, education leaders and financial institutions,” said Dan Perez, incoming board chair, in a press release. “With the addition of Bryce and Ben, we also have two members who are part of our NextGen Leaders group.”
The chamber’s officers will also change in 2024. Perez will succeed Ann Coglianese as board chair. Lance Ryskamp, executive director, will begin his second year in his retitled position of chamber president and CEO.
Executive board officers include:
- Susan Stammis, vice chair
- Jane Powers-Schiesser, secretary
- Rebecca Alvarez, treasurer
“2023 started out as a bit of a rebuilding year, and we are pleased with our membership growth this past year,” Ryskamp said. “We are going to be coming out of the gate fast in 2024 to build on our growth and offer value and resources to make our membership a worthy investment for area small businesses.”
In 2023, the chamber promoted new projects such as the chamber’s Women in Business and NextGen Leaders initiatives. They also formed committees focused on local shopping initiatives and professional development.
The Highland and Griffith chambers of commerce merged in 2016 to form the Highland Griffith Chamber of Commerce. It serves to promote and enhance local business growth. The chamber has over 300 members.