The Duneland Chamber of Commerce distributed its Community Awards during a luncheon July 19 at the Speakeasy at the Spa in Porter.
The winners include:
- Putting Duneland on the Map – Aidan Torres
- Business Renovation Award – Glacial Sands Oral, Facial, Implant Surgery; Heartland Wellness Center; Lia’s Bella Cucina
- New Construction Award – Allen Law Group
- Humanitarian of the Year – Duneland Exchange Club
- Volunteer of the Year – Brian Bolin; Scott Palla
- Golden Achievement Award – Scott Ness; Carol Michaels
- Duneland Distinguished Woman – Cathy Fitzmaurice
- Serviceperson of the Year – Officer William Reshkin; Officer Darren Conley
The chamber serves the communities of Beverly Shores, Burns Harbor, Chesterton, Dune Acres and Porter. It has more than 475 members businesses and hosts 100 events a year.