TechPoint is seeking candidates for its 25th annual Mira Awards, which honor the best technology companies and experts in Indiana.
The awards culminate in a gala April 26 at the Old National Centre in Indianapolis where the 18 awards will be presented to the winners.
“We’ve broadened just about everything in our approach to the Mira Awards because tech is essential to driving growth across all business sectors in Indiana, and we want to open this event to more people,” said TechPoint President and CEO Ting Gootee in a press release. “Collaboration with organizations like AgriNovus Indiana and Conexus Indiana is a top priority for our continued community-building effort as we believe it will help us draw nominations and participation from all corners of the state.”
TechPoint moved the location of the gala to a bigger venue that can accommodate 2,400 participants.
Companies from industries such as technology, life sciences, advanced manufacturing and logistics, agbioscience and academia are eligible to be nominated. A webinar Dec. 6 will explain the process. Nominations close Jan. 19. Nominees will be announced Feb. 14, and in-person presentations and interviews will take place March 6. A team of 50 experts will evaluate the candidates.
The Mira Awards categories are:
Talent & Pipeline Awards
- Talent Impact Award (company or organization)
- Nextech K-12 Computer Science Teacher of The Year (individual educator)
- TechPoint Foundation for Youth Bridge Builder Award (Individual)
- Innovation Team of The Year (team or small group)
- Student Entrepreneur of The Year (individual)
- Rising Entrepreneur Award (individual)
- Mission41k Exceptional Employer Award (company or organization)
- TechPoint Trailblazer Award (Individual)
- TechPoint Resilience Award (Individual)
Digital Innovation Awards
- Digital Transformation Award (company)
- Tech Innovation of The Year (company)
- Conexus Manufacturing Innovation Award (company)
- AgriNovus HungerTech Challenge Winner (company or team)
- Deal of the Year (company and investor)
- Community Impact Award (organization)
- Innovation Service Partner of The Year (company)
- Startup of the Year (company)
- Tech Company of the Year (company)
Tickets to the gala are $150 and can be purchased here.
Indianapolis-based TechPoint, the Central Indiana Corporate Partnership, is the state's economic initiative for building a talent pipeline, connecting resources and building the state's reputation as a technological leader.
Caption: The 25th annual Mira Awards will be presented April 26 at the Old National Centre in Indianapolis. (Provided by TechPoint)