The Gary Community School Corp. has launched a search for a new superintendent.
The board of education, district manager and the Gary community are looking for a leader who will champion the district's vision. The new superintendent will start July 1.
The school district’s mission is: “doing what is best for students … today, tomorrow, every day.”
The district is looking for someone with the following qualifications:
- Past leadership in educational systems within a diverse community
- A track record of building productive relationships with community members and stakeholders
- Superior communication and management skills
- Fiscal acumen in a district setting
- Success working with political leaders
- A commitment to equity for all students and families
The district has partnered with BWP & Associates to recruit, recommend and hire the new superintendent. More information is available here. The deadline to apply is March 9.
Gary Community School Corp. is a Pre-K to 12 district. It serves over 4,000 students. The district has a child development center, five elementary schools, two middle schools, a high school and a career center.