The Duneland Chamber of Commerce announced the honorees of its annual Community Awards.
The chamber's 2023 awardees include organizations, businesses and individuals that help make their communities a “better place to live, work and play.”
Here are the winners as announced in a press release:
- Putting Duneland on the Map: Aidan Torres
- Business Renovation Award: Glacial Sands Oral, Facial, Implant Surgery, Heartland Wellness Center and Lia’s Bella Cucina
- New Construction Award: Allen Law Group
- Humanitarian of the Year: Duneland Exchange Club
- Volunteer of the Year: Brian Bolin and Scott Palla
- Golden Achievement Award: Scott Ness and Carol Michaels
- Duneland Distinguished Woman: To be announced at event
- Serviceperson of the Year: Officers William Reshkin and Darren Conley
The chamber will host an awards luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. July 19 at the Spa Speakeasy & Special Event Center in Chesterton.
The chamber has about 400 members that serve the communities of Beverly Shores, Burns Harbor, Chesterton, Dune Acres and Porter.