Gov. Eric Holcomb recognized 38 Indiana companies for their longevity, including several from Northwest and North Central Indiana.
“Every year, the Century and Half-Century Awards remind me of the dedication and perseverance Hoosiers across the state bring to their businesses, and each year it is truly an honor to recognize these organizations that have withstood the test of time, navigated economic uncertainties and demonstrated unconditional commitment to their employees and communities across Indiana,” Holcomb said in a press release.
Region companies that marked a 100-plus years of doing business include:
- Frain Mortuary Inc. in Winamac
- George C Rogge Agency Inc. in Merrillville
- Shurr Insurance Agency in Valparaiso
- Tonn and Blank Construction LLC in Michigan City
Region companies that have remained in business for 50 to 99 consecutive years include:
- Alcohol & Addictions Resource Center in South Bend
- Alliance Architects in South Bend
- American Community Bank of Indiana in St. John
- Crisis Center Inc. in Gary
- Crown Point Swim Club Inc.
- Foegley Landscape in South Bend
- Kropf Industries Inc. in Goshen
- Kwiatkowski Masonry Inc. in Crown Point
- Louie’s Tux Shop in South Bend
Anthony Paiano, president of Alliance Architects, is looking forward to another 50 years of his company. The company is the result of a 2012 merger between James Childs Architects, which was founded in 1972, and Architecture Design Group, which was founded in 1988.
“This recognition serves as a testament to the focus on quality our previous leaders instilled in the company's culture, and our team's dedication to its pursuit,” Paiano said in a press release. “We are immensely proud of our legacy, the projects we've realized, and the communities we've helped as a result.
More than 1,200 Indiana companies have been recognized during the award's 32-year history. Find the full list of this year's winners here.
Caption: Gov. Eric Holcomb awarded 38 Indiana companies and organizations with the governor’s Century or Half-Century Business Award in recognition of each company’s longevity and service to its employees, community and the state. (Provided by the IEDC)