The Northwest Indiana Small Business Development Center will honor several entrepreneurs and businesses during its annual Entrepreneurial Excellence Awards event Nov. 15.
The 2018 honorees include:
- Minority-Owned Business of the Year: Chip Lee of C. Lee Construction, Gary
- Women-Owned Business of the Year: Lori Lake of Intercontinental Subscription Services, Michigan City
- Small Business Advocate of the Year: Chris Chatfield of First Merchants Bank, Munster
- Emerging Business of the Year: Jeff Conti of Coffee Cabin, various locations
- Family-Owned Business of the Year: Radtke family of Pioneer Lumber, Michigan City
- Entrepreneurial Success: Joshua Halpern of Albert's Diamond Jewelers, Schererville and Merrillville
- Small Business Persons of the Year: Julie and Tony Bombacino of Real Food Blends, Chesterton
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Scott Albanese of Albanese Confectionery Group Inc., Merrillville
The program celebrates entrepreneurs and small business advocates from around the Region. Entrepreneurs which can show three consecutive years of growth in the Northwest Indiana Small Business Development Center service area of Lake, Porter, LaPorte, Jasper, Starke, Pulaski and Newton counties are eligible.
The event’s keynote address will be given by Elaine Bedel, president of the Indiana Economic Development Corp.
The luncheon event is Nov. 15 from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Avalon Manor in Merrillville. For ticket information visit the Northwest Indiana Small Business Development Center website.
- Credit Union 1 opens new branch in South Bend - November 2, 2022
- Marshall County seeks new economic development leader - November 2, 2022
- Businesses, organizations and individuals receive array of honors - November 1, 2022