The Society of Innovators at Purdue Northwest is debuting an array of programming for 2020 to help foster a culture of innovation and to create networking opportunities for entrepreneurs in the Region.
“Since its inception, our organization has done a great job of recognizing and celebrating Northwest Indiana’s innovators,” said Sheila Matias, executive director of the Society of Innovators at Purdue Northwest. “This new programming will help us better connect and develop those across the Region who are leading the innovation charge.”
Monthly workshops: The workshops will provide a hands-on environment, which connects participants with the people, tools and resources that drive growth. Each workshop highlights a key component of innovation, led by an experienced professional. Scheduled sessions include:
- Jan. 10: Collaboration That Drives Innovation: Session is designed to get participants working together to build and test their designs with an emphasis on radical collaboration.
- Feb. 7: Trend Driven Innovation: The workshop will explore the Consumer Trends Canvas to better understand what your customers want next by looking at some key consumer trends and innovations that are driving the trends.
- March 6: Introduction to Business Design Thinking: Workshop will introduce tools and processes that are part of the foundation needed for business design thinking.
Masterclass Series: Through a partnership with Gregg Fraley Innovation, the Society will host a series of six innovation-training masterclasses in 2020. The Jumpstart Innovation Learning Series seeks to train innovators and entrepreneurs in essential innovation skills. Participants are managers, project leaders, small business owners, and those charged with leading innovation programs. Upcoming sessions include:
- Jan. 17: Innovation Concepts Immersion
- March 13: Structured Creative Problem-Solving
- May 15: Facilitation Skills and Tools for Leadership
- Aug. 21: Innovating Your Brand
- Oct. 9: The Art of Agility (Agile/SCRUM Concepts)
- Dec. 11: Improvisation for Business Problem-Solving
Latest posts by Larry Avila (see all)
- Deadline Feb. 28 for Indiana Governor’s Fellowship program - February 21, 2020
- Several Region and North Central Indiana businesses named among Best Places to Work for in 2020 - February 21, 2020
- South Bend Regional Chamber event connects internship seekers, job hunters with employers - February 20, 2020