Nominations are open for the annual Entrepreneurial Excellence (E-Day) Awards.
The competition, presented by the Northwest Indiana Small Business Development Center, highlights small businesses and individuals working to make Northwest Indiana a good place to live and work.
Eligible entries must be based in either Lake, Porter, LaPorte, Starke, Jasper, Pulaski or Newton counties. Entries also must display a three-year track record of growth in sales or employees or potential for growth.
Winners will be selected by a panel of judges. Decisions are based on the track record of the business, growth in sales, employees, and markets, innovations and challenges faced as well as contributions to the community made by the business owners.
Financial results also are part of the judging criteria.
Nominations are due Sept. 2. Honorees will be recognized at a special event, which will be conducted both virtually and in-person on Nov. 12.
- Award categories include:
- Small Business Person of the Year
- Entrepreneurial Success Award
- Small Business Exporter of the Year
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- Emerging Small Business of the Year
- Minority Small Business of the Year
- Family-Owned Business of the Year
- Small Business Advocate of the Year
There were nine honorees for 2019 from around Northwest Indiana.
- Franciscan Physician Network expands in Crown Point - August 3, 2020
- Volunteers sought for annual Day of Caring event Aug. 7 - August 3, 2020
- Payment assistance available for NIPSCO customers facing hardship during pandemic - July 31, 2020