NIPSCO’s 2020 Luminary Award recipients will be recognized in a virtual event on Oct. 1 beginning at 11:30 a.m.
Six northern Indiana community leaders and organizations were selected and include:
- Community Leadership: Mayor David Uran, City of Crown Point
- Education: Hobart High School Energy Technology Program
- Public Safety: City of Goshen
- Environmental Stewardship: Paul Labovitz, Indiana Dunes National Park
- Economic Development: Randy Mitchell, White County Economic Development
- Local Government Excellence: Fort Wayne Parks & Recreation
NIPSCO also will celebrate the completion of its 2020 Virtual Charity of Choice campaign, a company-wide fundraising program to benefit local organizations supporting COVID-19 relief efforts.
The Luminary Awards were Introduced in 2012 to mark the utility’s 100th anniversary and to honor leaders and organizations for their commitment to strengthening local communities. NIPSCO will make a $1,000 contribution to each award winner’s selected charity.
Registration for the virtual event is available at www.nipsco.com/rsvp.
NIPSCO serves approximately 810,000 natural gas and 460,000 electric customers across 32 counties in Northern Indiana.