The eighth annual NIPSCO Luminary Awards is set for 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 12 at the company’s Merrillville headquarters, 801 E. 86th Ave.
Five Northern Indiana honorees will be recognized at the event. NIPSCO also will celebrate the completion of its 2019 Charity of Choice campaign, a company-wide fundraising initiative, with a check presentation to local organizations supporting seniors.
Awards are presented for leadership, education, public safety, environmental stewardship and economic development. NIPSCO will make a $1,000 contribution to each award winner’s charity of choice.
This year’s award winners are:
- Community Leadership: Lisa M. Daugherty, Lake Area United Way
- Education: Ivy Tech, Valparaiso Campus, Energy Technology Program
- Public Safety: Lake Station Fire and Rescue
- Environmental Stewardship: NICHES Land Trust
- Economic Development: NewAllen Alliance
The Luminary Awards were introduced in 2012 to mark the utility’s 100th anniversary to honor leaders and organizations for their outstanding commitment to strengthening local communities.
Northern Indiana Public Service Co. serves about 820,000 natural gas and 460,000 electric customers across 32 counties in Northern Indiana.
Latest posts by Larry Avila (see all)
- NIPSCO parent NiSource announces executive appointments - November 11, 2019
- Launch of online wagering boosts Indiana sportsbook betting 161% in October - November 11, 2019
- Region companies and residents to be honored for philanthropic efforts - November 8, 2019