MICHIGAN CITY – An opportunity to better understand what businesses seek when looking for a location to set up shop is coming to Northwest Indiana.
The Economic Development Corp. Michigan City is partnering with Webster Global Site Selectors to present the SiteLink conference Aug. 1-3 at the Blue Chip Casino, Hotel and Spa. Registration for the event closes July 18.
Sponsored by several economic development organizations in northern Indiana, southwestern Michigan, and private sector companies, SiteLink brings together recognized site selectors who will make presentations on their areas of expertise.
Site selectors are specialists hired by companies to evaluate needs and make recommendations on the best places for business expansion or relocation. Fifty or more economic development professionals from across the county are expected at the event to learn from the experts in site selection.
Site Selectors will meet with attendees one-on-one to provide feedback and advice on business recruitment strategies.
“Because the SiteLink (conference) is kept small, it allows many of the attendees to meet with site selectors and share information about their communities and projects,” said Paige Webster, president of Webster Global and organizer of the event. “There will be a variety of networking events, which provide individuals the opportunity to build relationships with the site selectors and regional leaders in economic development.”
The site selectors planning to attend the SiteLink conference include:
- James Blair, managing director, Navigator Consulting, Atlanta
- Amy Gerber, executive managing director – business incentives practice, Cushman and Wakefield, Atlanta
- Tim Feemster, managing principal, Foremost Quality Logistics, Dallas
- Stuart Lipper, vice president, Jones Lang LaSalle, Iselin, N.J.
- Allea Newbold, principal, Ryan; Tampa, Fla.
- Joseph Vranich, principal, Spectrum Location Solutions, Cranberry, Pa.
- Paige Webster, president, Webster Global Site Selectors, Phoenix
Full bios on the site selectors, a list of all sponsors, and registration for the event can be found at www.sitelinkforum.com.
Latest posts by Larry Avila (see all)
- State’s August jobless rate sees small increase from July - September 21, 2018
- Indiana’s oldest Zoo in South Bend taking first step in $37 million improvement plan - September 21, 2018
- Valparaiso University joins ‘You Are Welcome Here’ movement encouraging international students to study in U.S. - September 21, 2018