Fifteen organizations will receive grants from NIPSCO to help fund safety education and training projects throughout Northern Indiana.
NIPSCO has awarded a total of $50,000 in grants this year. Since the program launched two years ago, a total of 28 projects have been funded with $100,000 in grant donations.
“Public safety education and training are very important to us at NIPSCO, and we are excited to assist these organizations in their mission,” said Karen McLean, public affairs manager. “NIPSCO’s second year offering this program led to many outstanding applications received, and we are deeply impressed with how organizations are prioritizing safety and educational projects.”
This year’s recipients include:
- Angola Parks and Recreation, trail safety education
- Crown Point Fire Rescue, safety education
- East Allen County Schools, training
- Franciscan Health, smoke/carbon monoxide detectors
- Hammond Indiana Police, first responder training
- Idaville Volunteer Fire Deptartment, firefighter training
- Indiana Operation Lifesaver, first responder training
- LaGrange County Sheriff’s Office, safety education
- Pines Fire Department, CPR community safety
- Poe Volunteer Fire Department, safety education
- REAL Services, Inc., CPR training
- St. Joseph County PSAP, 911 Gives Back
- Trustees of Indiana University, self-defense classes
- Warren Township, safety education
- Wheatfield Volunteer Fire Department, safety education
Northern Indiana Public Service Co. serves about 820,000 natural gas and 460,000 electric customers across 32 counties in Northern Indiana.
For more information about the grant program visit NIPSCO.com/SafetyGrant.
Latest posts by Larry Avila (see all)
- South Bend Regional Chamber event connects internship seekers, job hunters with employers - February 20, 2020
- Making a Difference: Bowling fundraiser generates nearly $19,000 for Catherine McAuley Clinic in Hammond - February 20, 2020
- Lakeshore Chamber of Commerce to honor residents, community development projects during annual dinner March 14 - February 19, 2020