Lubeznik Center for the Arts appoints education director • Northwest Indiana Business Magazine
Nelsy Marcano

Lubeznik Center for the Arts appoints education director

Buy Us A Coffee
Nelsy Marcano
The Lubeznik Center for the Arts in Michigan City named Nelsy Marcano its new education director. (Photo provided by the Lubeznik Center for the Arts)

Nelsy Marcano is the new education director for the Lubeznik Center for the Arts in Michigan City.

Marcano, is a graduate of Columbia College of Chicago and has a master of arts degree in education from Indiana University Northwest. She recently served as a staff member at the Tarkington School of Excellence in Chicago.

Marcano’s experience includes teaching adult and youth students, collaborating with sponsors and partners and curriculum development for programs.

Marcano is a Region native and has had a lifelong passion for the arts. Marcano, also an artist, says she draws inspiration from organic forms and natural elements, and favors watercolor and colored pencils.

“Since experiencing the positive impacts that can be made on students who encounter art programming, my goal is to share my passion for the arts and create a safe space to be used for self-expression and creativity,” she said. “LCA is a wonderful institution that shares this mission and I am so excited to be part of a group that is working to inspire our community.”

Marcano resides in Hobart her two-year-old Pomeranian, Picasso.

Author

Scroll to Top