The office of Gov. Eric Holcomb announced the latest appointments to assorted state boards and commissions.
Board of Firefighting Personnel Standards & Education
Two appointments, terms end Oct. 31, 2024.
- Scott Garrett (Solsberry), retired firefighter and sales representative
- Tony Murray (Noblesville), president of the Professional Firefighters Union of Indiana and longtime merit engineer and paramedic with Noblesville Fire Department
Commission on Ports
One reappointment; term ends Sept. 30, 2026
- Bob Bowen (Indianapolis), founder and chairman of Bowen Engineering Corp.
One new appointment; Sept. 30, 2026
- Steve Stemler (Jeffersonville), president and CEO of the Stemler Corp.
Emergency Medical Services Commission
Six reappointments, terms end Sept. 30, 2026.
- Andrew Bowman (Lebanon), acute care nurse practitioner with Boone County Emergency Medicine
- Sara Brown (Monroeville), emergency physician with Professional Emergency Physicians, PC
- Darin Hoggatt (Greenwood), chief of the Greenwood Fire Department
- Matthew McCullough (Terre Haute), chief of the Riley Fire Department
- Lee Turpen (Evansville), operations manager at American Medical Response
- John Zartman (Greenwood), director of emergency medical services at Tippecanoe Emergency Ambulance Service
Six new appointments, terms end Sept. 30, 2026.
- Mary Ann Dudley (Carlisle), vaccinator/emergency coordinator with Sullivan County Health Department
- Jerry Harder (Avon), division chief of training and safety with Brownsburg Fire Territory
- Brian Herwig (Tell City), president and CEO of Perry County Memorial Hospital
- Lori Mayle (Brazil), program director with Air Evac Lifeteam
- James Nossett (Brownsburg), emergency physician with Hendricks Regional Health
- Matthew Shady (Fort Wayne), dean of the school of health sciences at Ivy Tech Community College Northeast
Indiana Arts Commission
One reappointment, term ends June 30, 2026.
- Chad Bolser (Richmond), chancellor of Ivy Tech Community College Richmond
One new appointment, term ends June 30, 2024.
- Renee Thomas (West Lafayette), associate vice provost for diversity, inclusion and belonging at Purdue University
Indiana Housing & Community Development Authority Board of Directors
Four reappointments, terms end Sept. 30, 2026.
- Thomas McGowan (Indianapolis), president and COO of the Kite Realty Group Trust
- June Midkiff (Fishers), vice president of treasury management with Merchants Bank of Indiana
- Andy Place, Sr. (Mishawaka), former president of Place Builders Inc.
- Michael Schopmeyer (Evansville), partner with Kahn, Dees, Donovan & Kahn LLP
Judicial Nominating Commission
One new appointment, term ends Dec. 31, 2023 and fills the remainder of the term vacated by the resignation of Rudy Yakym III.
- Brian Bauer (Columbia City), president of IU Health Fort Wayne
Law Enforcement Training Board
Nine reappointments, terms end July 31, 2026.
- Doug Carter (Cicero), superintendent of the Indiana State Police
- The Honorable Sara Dungan (Martinsville), judge of the Morgan County Superior Court
- Russ McQuaid (Indianapolis), reporter with Fox59
- Mark Myers (Greenwood), mayor of the City of Greenwood
- Chris Owens (Scottsburg), Scott County Prosecutor
- Bryan Shearer (Ligonier), chief of the Ligonier Police Department
- Randal Taylor (Indianapolis), chief of the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department
- Joel Thacker (Plainfield), executive director of the Indiana Department of Homeland Security
- David Wantz (Indianapolis), former president of the Independent Colleges of Indiana
Eleven new appointments, terms end July 31, 2026.
- Juan Barrientes (Huntertown), commander of the Fort Wayne Police Training Center
- Sarah Brown (Evansville), director of the Southwestern Indiana Law Enforcement Academy
- Deborah Daniels (Indianapolis), of counsel with Krieg DeVault LLP
- Michael Diekhoff (Bloomington), chief of the Bloomington Police Department
- Tonia Guynn (Indianapolis), chief of the Indianapolis Public Schools Police Department
- Angela Haley (Marion), chief of the Marion Police Department
- Timothy Horty (Indianapolis), executive director of the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy
- Joe Jordan (Fort Wayne), president and CEO of the Boys and Girls Clubs of Fort Wayne
- John Kuykendall III (Avon), associate professor and dean of the school of education at the University of Indianapolis
- Stephen Luce (Bloomington), director of the IU Police Academy
- James Markle (Valparaiso), director of the Northwest Indiana Law Enforcement Academy
Midwestern Higher Education Commission
One new appointment, terms end Feb. 28, 2024.
- Kurt Dykstra (Indianapolis), president and CEO of the Independent Colleges of Indiana
State Fair Commission
One reappointment, term ends Sept. 30, 2026.
- Mitch Frazier (Westfield), president and CEO of AgriNovus
One new appointment, term ends Sept. 30, 2025.
- John Gregg (Sandborn), former Speaker of the Indiana House of Representatives
State Historical Records Advisory Board
Two reappointments, Sept. 30, 2025.
- Chandler Lighty (Indianapolis), executive director of the Indiana Archives and Records Administration
- Curt Witcher (Fort Wayne), genealogy center manager at the Allen County Public Library
Five new appointments, Sept. 30, 2025.
- Nolan Eller (Crawfordsville), Wabash College archivist
- Bethany Fiechter (Greencastle), university archivist at DePauw University
- Ted Frantz (Indianapolis), chair and professor of history at the University of Indianapolis
- Amber Gowen (Evansville), Vanderburgh County archivist
- Dina Kellams (Bloomington), director of the Indiana University Archives
State Police Board
One new appointment, term ends Sept. 30, 2026.
- Marilyn Culler (Greencastle), associate director of the DePauw University Media Fellows Program
- State approves drop in workers’ compensation insurance rates for 2023 - October 5, 2022
- Higher production costs behind drop in economic ag index - October 5, 2022
- Ivy Tech Foundation honors top benefactors - October 4, 2022