Tourism organizations from the South Bend-Elkhart area were honored by industry leaders for their efforts to draw more visitors to Indiana.
The Indiana Tourism Awards were presented during the Indiana Tourism Association’s annual conference held this year between March 14 and March 16 in Noblesville.
The awards recognized efforts showcasing creativity, innovation and maximized use of the dollars invested. The winners were:
- Best Advocacy Initiative – Hamilton County Tourism Inc.
- Best Cooperative Partnership – Indiana Foodways Alliance
- Best Culinary Focused Marketing Campaign – Hamilton County Tourism Inc.
- Best Digital Marketing Campaign – Visit Madison Inc.
- Best Leisure Travel Marketing Campaign – Visit Bloomington
- Best Event/Festival – Falls of the Ohio State Park
- Best Specialty Item (Marketing Budgets under $300,000) – Shelby County Tourism and Visitors Bureau
- Best Specialty Item (Marketing Budgets over $300,000) – SoIN Tourism
- Best Visitors Guide (Marketing Budgets under $300,000) – Visit Wabash County
- Best Visitors Guide (Marketing Budgets over $300,000) – Elkhart County, IN CVB
- Best Tourism Website – Visit South Bend Mishawaka
- Best COVID Marketing Campaign (Marketing Budgets under $300,000) – Visit Madison Inc.
- Best COVID Marketing Campaign (Marketing Budgets over $300,000) – Elkhart County, IN CVB
The association also presented an individual award based on merit, service and leadership to the tourism industry. The Indiana Tourism Association Member of the Year award was presented to Jaime Bohler Smith, Visit Hendricks County.
The Indiana Tourism Association was established in 1980 to advocate the value of tourism in Indiana and support the best practices of its members.
- Credit Union 1 opens new branch in South Bend - November 2, 2022
- Marshall County seeks new economic development leader - November 2, 2022
- Businesses, organizations and individuals receive array of honors - November 1, 2022