The Northwest Indiana Small Business Development Center, presenter of the Entrepreneurial Excellence (E-Day) Awards, has set the 2019 event for Thursday, Nov. 14.
The program, now in its 28th year, celebrates entrepreneurs and small business advocates from around the Region.
Eligible entrepreneurs must show three consecutive years of growth in the Northwest Indiana Small Business Development Center service area of Lake, Porter, LaPorte, Jasper, Starke, Pulaski and Newton counties.
The 2018 honorees include:
- Minority-Owned Business of the Year: Chip Lee of C. Lee Construction, Gary
- Women-Owned Business of the Year: Lori Lake of Intercontinental Subscription Services, Michigan City
- Small Business Advocate of the Year: Chris Chatfield of First Merchants Bank, Munster
- Emerging Business of the Year: Jeff Conti of Coffee Cabin, various locations
- Family-Owned Business of the Year: Radtke family of Pioneer Lumber, Michigan City
- Entrepreneurial Success: Joshua Halpern of Albert’s Diamond Jewelers, Schererville and Merrillville
- Small Business Persons of the Year: Julie and Tony Bombacino of Real Food Blends, Chesterton
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Scott Albanese of Albanese Confectionery Group Inc., Merrillville
Additional information on the program is available on the Northwest Indiana Small Business Development Center’s E-Day website.
Latest posts by Larry Avila (see all)
- Pulse Technology relocating Illinois headquarters - August 23, 2019
- Making a Difference: Volunteers rehabilitate ramp to give Region resident improved access to their home - August 23, 2019
- Indiana’s jobless rate falls to 3.4 percent in July - August 22, 2019