Mike Hooper named new president of NIPSCO • Northwest Indiana Business Magazine
Mike Hooper NIPSCO

Mike Hooper named new president of NIPSCO

Buy Us A Coffee
Mike Hooper NIPSCO
Mike Hooper

Northern Indiana Public Service Co. has a new leader.

The Merrillville-based subsidiary of NiSource on May 21 announced Mike Hooper will take over as senior vice president and president of NIPSCO June 1. He succeeds Violet Sistovaris, who served the role since 2015 and will move into an expanded role at NiSource, the company said.

“As we look to further our efforts to enhance service and safety to the communities we serve, I am confident in Mike’s experience and proven leadership to sustain our core commitments to customers,” Sistovaris said. “From our long-term electric generation plans to the improvements we’ve instituted in our operations, outage response and customer communications areas, I am proud of the progress we’re making, and I look forward to the continued growth of the organization under Mike’s leadership.”

Hooper joined NIPSCO in 2011 and most recently served as the company’s senior vice president of regulatory and legislative affairs and strategy. He also served as senior vice president of electric operations and vice president of major projects.

Hooper spent 15 years with American Electric Power in a variety of roles before joining NIPSCO.

Hooper earned a Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering from the West Virginia Institute of Technology. He is a licensed project management professional and a graduate of the Strategic Leadership program from the Fisher College of Business at The Ohio State University.

Hooper serves on the board of directors for the Boys and Girls Club of Northwest Indiana. He and his family reside in Valparaiso.

NIPSCO serves approximately 810,000 natural gas and 460,000 electric customers across 32 counties in Northern Indiana.

Author

Scroll to Top