Ivy Tech Community College South Bend/Elkhart campus chancellor retiring May 31 • Northwest Indiana Business Magazine
Ivy Tech

Ivy Tech Community College South Bend/Elkhart campus chancellor retiring May 31

Buy Us A Coffee
Thomas Cooley
Thomas Cooley

Ivy Tech Community College announced Jan. 11 that South Bend/Elkhart campus Chancellor Thomas Coley will retire from his post on May 31.

I want to express my gratitude for having the opportunity to work with so many supportive colleagues on campus and throughout the college. I am most appreciative of many administrative and professional opportunities I received over the eight years at Ivy Tech—including the opportunity to meet so many community members when I served as a bi-region chancellor for seven campuses in the Northwest and North Central regions,” Coley said. “I feel privileged to have been part of Ivy Tech Community College’s story of serving our local communities and helping to change the lives of so many students who chose the college to help achieve their career and personal dreams.”

Coley has served as chancellor of Ivy Tech's South Bend/Elkhart campus since June of 2017. He joined Ivy Tech in 2011, to serve as the chancellor of what was known as North Central region, which included three campuses: Warsaw, South Bend and Elkhart County.

In 2014, he also became chancellor of what was called the Northwest region, which included four campuses: East Chicago, Gary, Michigan City and Valparaiso.

We appreciate Dr. Coley’s dedication to Ivy Tech and the key role he played impacting seven different campuses in North Central and Northwest Indiana, and, most recently, as chancellor at our South Bend/Elkhart campus,” Ivy Tech President Sue Ellspermann said. “His commitment to our students, and the communities he served, has been greatly appreciated. He has also played a leadership role for the College in helping support and ensure student success of our minority, first generation, and those students traditionally hindered from succeeding in higher education. We are very grateful for his service, and wish him the best in his retirement.”

The college will begin a national search process in the coming months for the position.

Prior to joining Ivy Tech, Coley served as president of Scott Community College in Scott County, Iowa, part of the East Iowa Community College District from 2005 to 2011.

Author

Scroll to Top