The Michigan City Chamber of Commerce recently named the finalists for its annual awards.
Each year, the chamber recognizes people and businesses that have made a difference in the community. There are five award categories.
This year’s finalists include:
- Large Business of the Year: GAF, 1st Source Bank and Peepers
- Small Business of the Year: Up4Movement, South Shore Public Relations and Sacred Dunes Integrative Health
- Community Impact of the Year: WIMS Radio, Paladin Inc. and The Salvation Army of Michigan City
- Young Professional of the Year: Faye Stokes, Jesse Baldwin and Jeremy Rossi
- Ambassador of the Year: Gina Alber, Pia Parrott, Jessica O’Brien and Johnny Order
“Each of our finalists has not only left a strong impact on Michigan City this past year, but they also showed exemplary leadership in their fields of expertise,” said Danny Hogan, interim president, in a press release.
The winners in each category will be announced at the chamber’s annual member dinner. The event also will honor members celebrating milestone years of membership. The dinner will be from 5 to 9 p.m. March 15 in the Stardust Ballroom at the Blue Chip Casino in Michigan City.
Sponsorship and individual tickets for members and nonmembers are on sale through Feb. 23. More information can be found here or by calling the chamber office at 219-874-6221.
The Michigan City Chamber of Commerce serves to connect members and build business and community relationships. The chamber offers member and communitywide events. The organization was founded over 100 years ago.