Gov. Eric Holcomb appointed two residents from Valparaiso to the Worker's Compensation Board.
The two were among appointments to various state boards and commissions in a July 14 press release.
Sandra O’Brien will serve on the part-time board until Aug. 31, 2027, and James Sarkisian will serve until Aug. 31, 2026.
Other members appointed to the board were: Linda Hamilton of Fort Wayne, Diane Parsons of Indianapolis and Kyle Samons of Greenville.
Other appointments include:
Commission for Higher Education: Chad Lochmiller of Bloomington
FIRSST Task Force:
- Hue Andrews of Noblesville, representing the Indiana Motor Truck Association
- Mayor Ryan Daniel of Columbia City, representing Accelerate Indiana Municipalities
- Commissioner John Frey of Crawfordsville, representing the Association of Indiana Counties
- David Heyde of Rochester, representing the Build Indiana Council
- Commissioner Mike Smith of Greenwood, representing INDOT
- Paul Peaper of Indianapolis, representing taxpayers
Indiana Destination Development Corp. Board: Allison Barber of Indianapolis, president and COO of the Indiana Fever, and Stephen Ferguson of Bloomington, chairman of the board of Cook Group Inc., and Jaime Bohler-Smith of Danville, executive director and CEO of Visit Hendricks County
State Board of Education: Scott Bess of Danville, executive director of Purdue Polytechnic High Schools; and Kristin Rentschler of Columbia City, teacher at Columbia City High School
Unemployment Insurance Review Board: Heather Cummings of Indianapolis