The Charter Group Hosts John Brown • Northwest Indiana Business Magazine

The Charter Group Hosts John Brown

Buy Us A Coffee

South Bend — The Charter Group, a merger and acquisition advisory firm with offices in Indiana and Michigan, today hosted nationally renowned author and founder of the Business Enterprise Institute (BEI) John Brown at a succession planning seminar in South Bend.

The conference, geared towards business owners and their advisors, focused on growing the value of a business prior to a management change, providing a better understanding of exit options, and how an owner can determine which option is best for their company.

“It’s easy to put off succession planning when your business is running smoothly,” said John Kerschen, managing director of The Charter Group. “But we advise clients that if they’re thinking of exiting within the next five years, they need to start planning now. The process identifies ways to maximize an owner’s return on their investment in the company, while providing for the continued success of the business.  We were very happy to host John at today’s seminar to bring his expertise on this topic to Indiana business owners.”

Brown, author of the nationally renowned book “How to Run Your Business So You Can Leave It in Style,” founded BEI in 1996. BEI is the largest network of exit planning professionals and advises business owners on business and estate planning, helping owners to exit their companies when they want, for the amount of cash they want, and with their chosen successor in place.

“I started my career as an estate planning attorney, with clients who, while focused on their personal asset planning, had no one advising them on how to successfully exit their business which was often their largest financial asset,” said Brown. “The Charter Group has a skilled team of advisors, and is a great resource for Indiana business owners looking to plan their exit strategy. I was honored to be the guest speaker at today’s seminar.”

Author

Scroll to Top