Three firms from Northwest Indiana were among the honorees and inductees of the 2022 Manufacturers Hall of Fame and Manufacturing Excellence Awards presented by the Indiana Manufacturers Association.
Region companies inducted into the hall of fame this year included Konrady Plastics of Portage and Munster Steel Company Inc. in Hammond.
BP America in Whiting earned this year’s Innovation Excellence Award.
“We are proud to honor these amazing companies and individuals who make Indiana manufacturing work, and who strive to continually grow, change and evolve,” said Brian Burton, IMA president/CEO. “Our industry has seen incredible change over the past few years, and we applaud and celebrate the accomplishments of those who have been instrumental in reaching for new goals to improve and advance Indiana manufacturing.”
Honorees were recognized at a luncheon at the Biltwell Event Center in Indianapolis. Additional details on this year’s honorees are available through the Indiana Manufacturers Association's website.
Other 2022 Hall of Fame companies:
- Boyer Machine & Tool Co. Inc., Columbus
- Caterpillar Inc., Lafayette
- Functional Devices, Inc., Sharpsville
- Heritage Environmental Services, Indianapolis
- My-te Products Inc., Indianapolis
- Stone City Products, Inc., Bedford
The other 2022 Manufacturing Excellence Awards winners:
- Community Impact Award: Goodwill Commercial Services, Indianapolis; and Cook Group Inc., Bloomington
- Emerging Leader Award: – Angie Holt, Rathburn Tool & Manufacturing, Auburn; and Bill Kennedy, Kennedy Tank & Manufacturing Co., Inc., Indianapolis
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Mike Lunsford, Dart Controls Inc., Zionsville
- Manufacturing Talent Champion Award: Magna Powertrain Inc., Muncie; and the Northeast Indiana FAME Chapter, Fort Wayne