La Porte’s long-time Temple News Agency coffee shop, eatery under new ownership • Northwest Indiana Business Magazine
Flynns Temple

La Porte’s long-time Temple News Agency coffee shop, eatery under new ownership

Buy Us A Coffee
Flynns Temple
J.D. and Jennifer Flynn are the new owners of the Temple News Agency, a coffee shop and eatery, at 816 Jefferson Ave. in La Porte (Photo submitted by J.D. Flynn)

Temple News Agency in La Porte now is owned and operated by J.D. and Jennifer Flynn.

“My wife and I are very new to owning a business, but Temple has been an important part of our lives for a long time,” J.D. Flynn said. “LaPorte has a very rich history and a very bright future, and we are thrilled to be part of the legacy leading up to this and hope to remain a fixture in the community while the city grows with us.”

The Temple News Agency will mark its 100th anniversary this year.

The Flynns said they were patrons of the café and eatery at 816 Jefferson Ave. before taking over the business in September.

“Temple has been a huge part of my life for quite a few years now. I do web development professionally and that allows me to work remotely for much of the week,” J.D. Flynn said. “When I was looking for a reason to get out of the house and see daylight, I chose to start going to Temple and quickly became friends with the owner at the time, Joe Whicker, and found myself becoming a regular and getting to know the other regulars.”

The Flynns hope to host more events, including game and open mic nights, as well as work on some renovations and remodeling and expand the lunch menu.

“Buying Temple and continuing the legacy is like being able to carry the torch of all the owners before us who have put a bit of themselves into Temple,” J.D. Flynn said.

Author

Scroll to Top