Indiana Department of Child Services hires new deputy director for child support bureau • Northwest Indiana Business Magazine

Indiana Department of Child Services hires new deputy director for child support bureau

Buy Us A Coffee
Adam Norman
Adam Norman

The Indiana Department of Child Services named Adam Norman deputy director of the child support bureau.

Norman will ensure the state of Indiana meets all federal and state requirements related to child support services.

“Adam brings a wealth of well-rounded knowledge to his new role,” said DCS Director Terry Stigdon. “I know he will serve as an ambassador for Indiana’s child support program.”

The child support bureau administers Indiana’s IV-D Child Support Program, which works to ensure every Hoosier child has the financial support of both parents, regardless of whether the parents live together or apart. In Indiana, one in six Hoosier children is impacted by the Title IV-D program, which distributes more than $575 million in child support payments annually.

Norman will provide subject matter expertise during the transition to INvest, the state’s upgraded child support records and payments system, and continue the division’s work to make sure child support services effectively reach those across the state who need it most.

“I am excited to continue working for the families of Indiana in a new and broader capacity,” said Norman, who was promoted from the assistant deputy director position. “I have held a variety of roles in child support, both at the county and state level, and this position was a natural next step for me to continue expanding the great work of our Indiana child support team.”

Norman spent five years with the child support bureau but took a two-year hiatus to work in the private sector, then returned last year to the assistant deputy director position. Norman holds a law degree from Indiana University and formerly worked as a deputy prosecutor in Bartholomew and Tippecanoe counties.

Author

Scroll to Top