The second annual diaper drive by Franciscan Health employees and Region businesses and organizations, collected 20,000 diapers, which were distributed to local organizations, providing help to more than 1,000 families.
“The diaper drive is something we host every October during Diaper Insecurity Month to make sure that families receive this need prior to the holidays,” said Danielle Magana, Franciscan Health prenatal care coordinator. Two monetary donations a few weeks after the drive ended bolstered the final amount, Magana said.
The donations were distributed prior to the Christmas holidays to the following organizations in Lake, Porter and LaPorte counties: Franciscan Health Crown Point and Hammond Prenatal Assistance Programs, Duneland Healthy Families, Mental Health America of Northwest Indiana, Nurse Family Partnership and the Women’s Care Center.
The following sites and organizations donated or acted as a drop-off site for donations:
- Franciscan Health Crown Point
- Franciscan Health Dyer
- Franciscan Health Hammond
- Franciscan Health Michigan City
- Franciscan Health Munster
- Celebrate Recovery
- Faith Cedar Lake (MOPS)
- Kauffman Chiropractic
- Franciscan Physician Network
- Franciscan Health Outpatient Rehab, Schererville
- Franciscan Health Omni Fitness Center
- Jean Shepherd Community Center
- Hammond Fire Department
- YOUnique Yoga of NWI
- Goodwill Nurse-Family Partnership, Merrillville
- Hammond Kiwanis
- Hammond Rotary
- Managed Health Services (MHS)