Campaign raises $10 million for Indiana University Northwest • Northwest Indiana Business Magazine
Indiana University Northwest

Campaign raises $10 million for Indiana University Northwest

Buy Us A Coffee
Indiana University Northwest

There has been no shortage of support for Indiana University Northwest.

More than $10 million has been raised for IUN as part of Indiana University’s Bicentennial Campaign, the college announced recently. The campaign launched in 2015, surpassed its original $8 million goal, thanks to contributions from more than 10,000 alumni, supporters, businesses, foundations and IU Northwest faculty and staff.

Funds from For All: The Indiana University Bicentennial Campaign have led to the creation of 44 student scholarships; renovation of athletic areas and community gathering rooms; enhancements of a state-of-the-art performance theatre and fine arts studio space; funding for research; and valuable international study abroad travel opportunities for student scholars, IUN said in a statement.

“From the first moment I stepped onto the IU Northwest campus, I could sense the special draw of this institution,” said Ken Iwama, IUN chancellor. “I was aware of the many thousands who dedicated so much of their time and talent to build the campus into its current role as a vital and dynamic anchor institution for Northwest Indiana.”

Iwama said the donations symbolize the supporters’ belief in the college’s mission and its commitment to enhance the quality of life “of the most diverse, urban, industrialized region of the state.”

IU President Michael McRobbie in October announced the system’s overall campaign raised nearly $3.9 billion across all campuses.

“Over the past years, the Bicentennial campaign has galvanized hundreds of thousands of IU supporters,” McRobbie said. “It has transformed the landscapes of IU’s campuses with state-of-the-art facilities. It has helped to ensure the future success of a number of IU schools that now bear the names of their supporters. It has generated support for our most outstanding faculty.”

Author

Scroll to Top