The Northwest Indiana Small Business Development Center is pleased to announce the Class of 2012 – winners of this year’s E-Day Entrepreneurial Excellence Awards.
“This group of small business entrepreneurs represents the very best of Northwest Indiana,” said Lorri Feldt, regional director of the NWI SBDC. “We are honored to recognize them for following their dreams and bringing their intellectual capital to the marketplace. Our community is better because of them.”
• Small Business Person of the Year: Melissa Neff – President/CEO – Mechanical Concepts, Inc. – Gary
• Entrepreneurial Success of the Year: Cole Doolittle – President – Waste Revelation LLC – Valparaiso
• Emerging Business of the Year: Christine Newton – Owner – South Shore Insurance – Chesterton
• Minority/Woman-Owned Business of the year: Jeanne Sommer – President – Century 21 Alliance – Valparaiso
• Jeffrey Butland Family-Owned Business of the Year: Georgeann Quealy – President – Williams – West & Witt’s Products dba Integrative Flavors – Michigan City
• Young Entrepreneur of the Year: Wade Breitzke – President – 27 Entertainment, Inc. – Valparaiso
• Garry Bradley Small Business Advocate of the Year: Thomas Rowland – President – TreeHouse Financial – Merrillville
• Lifetime Achievement Award: Gus Olympidis – President/CEO – Family Express Corp. – Valparaiso
Award winners will be recognized at the 21st annual E-Day Entrepreneurial Excellence Awards Luncheon November 14 at the Star Plaza in Merrillville. Jim Oberweis, the man with a vision that propelled the family dairy business into a $60-million-a-year enterprise, will be the keynote speaker.
The Entrepreneurial Excellence Awards Luncheon is open to the public. Tickets are $40 and may be purchased by calling the NWI SBDC at (219) 644-3513 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the event and sponsorships, visit www.EDAYLEADERS.com.
Northwest Indiana Business Quarterly is a proud media sponsor for this year’s E-day event.