Community Archives • Page 635 of 836 • Northwest Indiana Business Magazine

Muhammad new CEO Lakeshore Public Media

MERRILLVILLE – James Muhammad, the Peabody Award-winning director of radio services for West Virginia Public Broadcasting, will become President and CEO of Lakeshore Public Media, the umbrella organization for Lakeshore Public Television and 89.1 FM, The Lakeshore. “James is a well-rounded leader with experience in public media, programming and community outreach,” said Bonita Neff, board …

Muhammad new CEO Lakeshore Public Media Read More »

Ed Carpenter Takes the Pole

INDIANAPOLIS — After a two-and-a-half hour delay due to rain, the first day of qualifying started at 1:30pm.  I had a chance to visit the Media Center, enjoy a meal—compliments of the Speedway— and get my bearings on where I will be on race-day. Starting out in the pits, the first to qualify was out, but soon …

Ed Carpenter Takes the Pole Read More »

Indy 500 News Bits

Follow me this week to get comments from drivers, including behind-the-scenes interviews, my perspective and more about the business of motor sports.  I will be posting here, on Facebook and Twitter starting today. — Glee Renick-May

Save the Dunes hosts annual jam June 1

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:”Table Normal”; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:””; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:”Calibri”,”sans-serif”; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:”Times New Roman”; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:”Times New Roman”; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} MICHIGAN CITY – Save the Dunes is celebrating life on Lake Michigan …

Save the Dunes hosts annual jam June 1 Read More »

Michiana Forty under 40 announced

SOUTH BEND – The 2013 Class of Michiana Forty under 40 has been announced. The honor recognizes 40 outstanding local professionals under age 40 for their business success and community contributions. A luncheon to recognize these individuals will be held from noon to 1:30 p.m. Friday, May 31, at the Gillespie Conference Center. Cost to …

Michiana Forty under 40 announced Read More »

1st Source announces earnings

SOUTH BEND – 1st Source Corp., parent company of 1st Source Bank, has announced net income of $12.40 million for the first quarter of 2013, up 5.88 percent compared to the $11.72 million reported in the first quarter a year ago. Christopher J. Murphy III, chairman and CEO said, “1st Source completed another solid quarter. …

1st Source announces earnings Read More »

JA, Centier join for Money Smart Week

MERRILLVILLE – In celebration of Money Smart Week, Junior Achievement and Centier Bank joined together at Centier’s corporate centre to offer a Train the Trainer for teachers interested in a virtual reality store. The JA Finance Park Virtual program, through hands-on classroom activities helps students build a foundation for making intelligent, lifelong, personal financial decisions …

JA, Centier join for Money Smart Week Read More »

Tree planting marks Organ Donor Month

DYER – In celebration of organ and tissue donors and recipients, Franciscan St. Margaret Health-Dyer, in conjunction with Gift of Hope Organ and Tissue Donation Network and the Indiana Lions Eye and Tissue Transplant Bank, conducted a National Donate Life Month Gift of Hope tree-planting service on the hospital grounds, 24 Joliet St. Linda Kraiko, …

Tree planting marks Organ Donor Month Read More »

Scroll to Top