Kelly Webb Roberts, co-owner of Webb Hyundai in Highland and Webb Hyundai-Mitsubishi in Merrillville, recently was elected to the executive board of the Chicago Automobile Trade Association.
Webb Roberts, who was selected secretary, is the first woman to serve on CATA’s executive board in the organization’s 116-year history.
“I am humbled to represent the Chicago Automobile Trade Association and our more than 400 new-car dealers,” said Webb Roberts. “The (association) is an advocate for dealers and, until serving on this board, I did not realize the value and impact it creates for our business (and) as we continue to face uncharted territory, the (association) will continue to help protect our businesses, our employees and our industry.”
Webb Roberts’ company also operates Webb Chevrolet in Oak Lawn, Illinois and Webb Chevrolet of Plainfield, Illinois.
Webb Roberts served on the CATA’s board of directors since 2016 and has worked in the auto industry since 2006. She has a bachelor’s degree in business administration in accounting and finance from St. Mary’s College and earned a master’s degree in the science of accountancy from Loyola University Chicago.
Before working in the auto industry, she worked for the accounting firm of Crowe Horwath.
Other newly elected executive board members include:
- Kevin Keefe, Brilliance Honda, Crystal Lake and Brilliance Subaru, Elgin; 2020-21 chairman
- JC Phelan, Jack Phelan Chevrolet, Lyons and Jack Phelan Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep-Ram, Countryside; vice chairman
- Jay Hopkins, Hopkins Ford, Elgin; treasurer
- Bill Haggerty, former CATA chairman, Haggerty Buick GMC, Villa Park and Haggerty Ford, West Chicago; 2021 Chicago Auto Show chairman.
The Illinois-based Chicago Automobile Trade Association, which organizes the annual Chicago Auto Show, represents more than 400 franchised new-car dealers and an additional 150 allied members in the greater Chicago metropolitan area. The group’s members employ about 19,000 people.
- Porter County receives federal funds for emergency programs - January 21, 2021
- Economic Development Corp. Michigan City names new board chair - January 21, 2021
- Holcomb calls for more support for education, economic recovery - January 20, 2021