Region Firehouse Subs franchisees Jeff and Robyn Walsworth honored by company • Northwest Indiana Business Magazine
Firehouse Subs couple

Region Firehouse Subs franchisees Jeff and Robyn Walsworth honored by company

Buy Us A Coffee
Firehouse Subs couple
Firehouse Subs Franchisees Jeff and Robyn Walsworth have earned an Axe Award for being named Central Franchisees of the Year by Firehouse of America. (Photo provided by Firehouse of America)

Being top performs for Firehouse Subs has paid off for Jeff and Robyn Walsworth.

The couple, who operate Firehouse Subs shops at 71 Silhavy Road in Valparaiso and 6536 US Hwy 6 in Portage, were one of seven Axe Award recipients recognized by Firehouse of America for 2020. There are more than 500 Firehouse Subs franchisees in the U.S.

The Axe Award recognizes high-performing franchisees throughout the Firehouse Subs system and their commitment to the community. The couple opened their first Firehouse Subs restaurant in Valparaiso in June 2015 and their second in Portage in July 2015.

Jeff Walsworth is a retired fireman. Firehouse of America said he has “shown tremendous leadership in the Chicago area, assisting other franchisees with everything from questions about operations to repairing restaurant equipment (and) his dedication and strong leadership skills shine bright.”

Jeff Walsworth said he and his wife do what they can to give back and assist first responders.

“My wife Robyn and I take pride in providing hearty meals while giving back to the community,” he said. “As a retired fireman myself, I know firsthand what our local first responders are up against on a daily basis.”

Walsworth said the work the Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation does is impactful. Customers can round up their purchases with the extra money going toward a fund, which supports fire fighters.

“We are so honored and humbled to be a part of it and to be named the Firehouse Subs Franchises of the Year in the (company’s) central region,” Jeff Walsworth said.

Author

Scroll to Top