The office of Gov. Eric Holcomb this week announced several new appointments and reappointments to various state boards and commissions, including the CEO of Peoples Bank who will serve on a board that regulates the state’s banking and finance sector.
Board of Directors of the Department of Financial Institutions
One new appointment to the board, with a term expiring June 30, 2020:
- Benjamin Bochnowski (Munster), president and CEO of Peoples Bank.
Graduate Medical Education Board
Four reappointments to the board, with terms expiring Dec. 31, 2020:
- Dr. Steven Becker (Evansville), director and associate dean of the Indiana University School of Medicine–Evansville.
- Dr. Peter Nalin (Carmel), associate dean and interim director of the Bloomington Regional Medical Campus of the Indiana University School of Medicine.
- Dr. Donald Sefcik (Indianapolis), dean of the College of Osteopathic Medicine and vice-president of Health Professions at Marian College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Dr. Thomas Sonderman (Columbus), vice president and chief medical officer at Columbus Regional Health.
Historic Preservation Review Board
Three reappointments to the board, with terms expiring March 31, 2022:
- Scott Keller (Indianapolis), president of Blackard & Geiger, Ltd.
- Daniel Kloc (Fishers), associate director of facility planning and management at Eskenazi Health.
- Dr. April Sievert (Bloomington), director of the Glenn A. Black Laboratory of Archeology at Indiana University Bloomington.
The governor also made two new appointments to the board, with terms expiring Dec. 31, 2021:
- Chandler Lighty (Indianapolis), executive director of the Indiana Archives and Records Administration.
- Anne Shaw Kingery (Kokomo), principal investigator of architectural history and historical archeology with NS Services.
Indiana Arts Commission
Two new appointments to the commission:
- Chad Bolser (Richmond) chancellor of Ivy Tech Richmond. His term expires June 30, 2022.
- Dave Haist (Culver), chair of the board of Parkview Health. His term expires June 30, 2021.
Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission
One reappointment to the commission, with a term expiring March 31, 2023:
- David Ziegner (Greenwood).
Midwestern Higher Education Commission
One new appointment to the commission, with a term expiring Feb. 28, 2020:
- Dr. David Wantz (Indianapolis), president and CEO of the Independent Colleges of Indiana.
Retirement Home Guaranty Fund Board
One new appointment to the board, with a term expiring Feb. 28, 2021:
- John Dattilo (Zionsville), president and CEO of BHI Senior Living.
State Board of Nursing
Two new appointments to the board, with terms expiring June 30, 2022:
- Jennifer Miller (Danville), director of the Emergency Department, EMS Services, Emergency Preparedness, and Community Paramedicine at Hendricks Regional Health.
- Dianne Murphy (Carmel), clinical nurse at the Wellness and Preventative Care Institute at St. Vincent Hospital.
State Ethics Commission
One new appointment to the commission, with a term expiring Dec. 31, 2021:
- Kenneth G. Todd (Monticello), former judge of the Monroe Circuit Court.
- The governor also appointed Katherine Noel (Kokomo), attorney with Noel Law, as chair of the commission.
State Fair Board
One reappointment to the board, with a term expiring Sept. 30, 2022:
- Olgen Williams (Indianapolis), former deputy mayor of the city of Indianapolis.
Statewide 911 Board
One new appointment to the board, with a term expiring July 31, 2021:
- Sheriff Dwane Ford (Jay County).
Latest posts by Larry Avila (see all)
- Lakeshore Chamber of Commerce annual business expo Sept. 27 - August 21, 2019
- Purdue University Northwest’s student-produced television program wins two industry awards - August 21, 2019
- Goodwill LEADS lands training grant from Lake County’s Legacy Foundation - August 20, 2019