Lt. Gov. Skillman part of St. Mary's College event • Northwest Indiana Business Magazine

Lt. Gov. Skillman part of St. Mary’s College event

Buy Us A Coffee

SOUTH BEND – One of the speakers at next week’s entrepreneurial event at St. Mary’s College will be Lt. Gov. Becky Skillman. The July 15 event, “Advancing Hoosier Women in Business,” is one of four scheduled around the state. The others are planned for Terre Haute , Richmond and Sellersburg.

St. Mary’s College Women’s Entrepreneurship Initiative is hosting the event, which is sponsored by the Indiana Office of Community and Rural Affairs. It is open to the public and will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. (EST) in Regina Hall. The cost is $25 and lunch is included. To register, visit the Web site www.southbendbcg.com/calendar.html. Click on the date for registration instructions.

Besides Skillman, morning session speakers include Karen Barnett, president and CEO of Valley Screen Process; Deborah Post, director of sales and co-owner of The Landing Catering; and Lenore Tracey, co-founder and partner in Glance Eyewear Gallery.

Afternoon roundtable discussions are “How Do I Get What I want from My Lender?” by Shelli Alexander of Lake City Bank; “Is a Chamber Membership Right For Me?” by Shari Carroll of Chamber of Commerce of St. Joseph County; “Do I Really Need a Strategic Plan?” by Alan Steel of the Small Business Development Center; “Should I Join a Shop Local Program?” by Joya Helmuth of ShoLo; “What Should I Do to Plan My Financial Future?” by Jennifer Salmon of Edward Jones; “Just What Does Branding Really Mean to My Business?” by Deb DeFreeuw of Force 5; “How Do I Understand What My Accountant is Telling Me?” by Christine A. Lauber, CPA; “What Saint Mary’s Programs are Available to Help Grow Your Business?” by Martha Smith, of the St. Mary’s Women’s Entrepreneurship Initiative; “What Part Does My Attorney Play After I Start My Business?” by Eric Seigel of Tuesley Hall Konopa LLP; “How Can Social Media Improve My Customer Service?” by Don Schindler of the University of Notre Dame; and “What Can I Do To Move Indiana Women Forward?” by Kristin Svyantek Garvey of the Indiana Commission For Women.

Author

Scroll to Top