INDIANAPOLIS – The Ivy Tech Foundation has appointed six new members to its board of directors.
New members include:
- Marcus Hester, Evansville: Hester is a financial adviser at New York Life Insurance Co./Eagle Strategies LLC, where he educates on the values of financial planning. He is also a member of the Rotaract Club of Evansville, Young Leaders United (United Way of Southwestern Indiana), Family Day in the Park Planning Committee, Green River Kiwanis Club of Evansville, Evansville Trails Coalition Marketing Committee and the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors. Hester also serves as board member for the Evansville African American Museum, Evansville Brownfields Corporation, Leadership Evansville and Community Outreach Evansville Inc.
- Thomas Marcuccilli, Indianapolis: Marcuccilli is vice president and retail sales manager at STAR Financial Bank, responsible for the day-to-day retail and small business sales in all 40 of STAR’s retail stores across Northeast and Central Indiana. Prior to STAR Financial Bank, Marcuccilli worked for Emmis Communications, the Sun Times Media Group in Chicago and Travelers Haven in Denver. Marcuccilli is active in his community as the STAR representative at the United Way of Central Indiana. He also volunteers with Habitat for Humanity and Junior Achievement.
- Glen Muehlbauer, Evansville: Muehlbauer is vice president of human resources at Koch Enterprises Inc. Prior to this role, he served at Koch Air, an HVAC distribution business. At Koch Air, Muehlbauer began as the human resources director, then as vice president of operations and organizational development. Before joining the Koch Enterprises family of companies, he held various human resources positions at Raytheon Co. and Corus Bank. Muehlbauer is active in his community and serves on the Junior Achievement of Southwestern Indiana board of directors and volunteers with United Way. He has also partnered with the Skill Up Indiana initiative.
- Lauren Salerno, Carmel: Salerno is a member of the Governance, Cardiovascular Research Institute Fundraising, Key to the Cure and Home-a-Rama committees at the St. Vincent Hospital Foundation. She is also a sponsorship chair and chair of Fall Fundraiser at the Christamore House Guild. Prior to these roles, Salerno worked for the LexisNexis Group, Dialog Corp. and Guideline Inc. with experience in product management and marketing. She also worked on committees at Eskenazi Health, Brebeuf Jesuit Preparatory School and Ivy Tech, where she helped to raise $25 million for the college’s capital campaign.
- Roland Shelton, Terre Haute: Shelton has more than 20 years of experience in leadership and management of manufacturing, higher and sales. He is vice president, senior business development officer for Old National bank in Terre Haute and Indianapolis. Prior to this role, Shelton has worked for Indiana State University, Park University, General Motors, Western Kentucky University, Phillip Morris International and the Campbell Soup Co.
- Scott Wallsmith, North Webster: Wallsmith is the owner of Michiana Contracting, which specializes in highway, airport, electrical and general contracting. He also owns Sullivan Group, a company that provides promotional products and customized apparel. Previously, Wallsmith has worked for Intel Capital, Anthem and Periculum Capital. He served as vice chairman of Visiting Nurse Service of Indiana and board member of the Educational Choice Charitable Trust. He also founded and established the “League of Ivy” on behalf of the Ivy Tech Foundation.
Larry is an award-winning journalist with more than 25 years of experience working with daily newspapers and business-to-business publications around the Midwest. Avila, a graduate of Central Michigan University, is a Michigan native. He resides in Crown Point.
Latest posts by Larry Avila (see all)
- New manager named for Gary branch of Teachers Credit Union - February 15, 2019
- Franciscan Health lands sponsors for community hall, cafe at new Michigan City hospital - February 15, 2019
- Centier Bank names greater Indianapolis market president - February 14, 2019