National Green Home Construction Show • Northwest Indiana Business Magazine

National Green Home Construction Show

Buy Us A Coffee

MERRILLVILLE — Saving money and resources has been a main focus in the last few years when it comes to home maintenance and construction. The newly released season of Built to Last® – The Green Home will give viewers insight into the new building practices that are helping homeowners save money while keeping natural resources in mind. The 13-episode series was shot almost entirely around Chicago, will premiere January 25, 2014, on Lakeshore Public Television, and was produced by Lakeshore Public Television.

This look into sustainable construction gives the audience an opportunity to learn about emerging green technologies and best practices. Exploring everything from site selection to home finishes will allow viewers to make educated decisions when constructing or updating their own home. “I’m excited that we had the opportunity to showcase a relevant topic while utilizing the expertise of the Chicago Regional Council of Carpenters and the talent of our production staff,” stated President and CEO of Lakeshore Public Media James A. Muhammad. “I’ve learned so many things myself just watching the show as it developed.”

“The Green Home,” located in Lemont, IL, was built in a way that reduces the negative impacts of buildings on its occupants and the environment in five general categories: sustainable site planning, safeguarding water efficiency, energy efficiency and renewable energy, conservation of materials and resources, and indoor environmental quality.  “Our goal with building ‘The Green Home’ is to be the industry leader when it comes to construction of new homes that are built for energy efficiency and optimum performance,” said Carpenters’ President Frank Libby. Industry experts in sustainable construction and eco-friendly product manufacturers will also be featured, sharing knowledge and recommendations beneficial to every homeowner looking to save money and practice environmental stewardship.

Author

Scroll to Top